Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Here goes... Never Give Up.

Well as the description clearly points out at the top of the blog, I am not one for blogs. I don't ever read them, never really had any interest in them and really didn't understand the popularity behind them. I always thought that it was just people typing random stuff up to brag about their lives (I still think that). But yesterday I had a really spiritual experience. One that I won't share, but just know it has had an impact on me in a way that I hope will benefit others and help them come closer to our Savior Jesus Christ.

I'm still not sure how exactly I want to run this blog, but for now this is my rough idea. I am basically just going to share my testimony of things as I feel impressed to do so. Easy enough. I know that I am probably just writing to myself, which is okay, but I really hope that this blog will have an effect on someone else other than me.

You see, I had the opportunity of attending my Grandpa and Grandma's Mission Farewell on Sunday. They are leaving next week for Alaska (coolest mission ever!). It got me thinking. I regret not serving a mission. I regret not doing my part to spread the word about our Savior's love. I have been given so much and had so many witnesses that He lives, but what have I done to share it?

Grandpa Tom, left, Great-Grandma Waldron, center, and Grandma Diane, right.
My wife Ashley and I plan on serving a mission or seven when we are retired and billionaires. We plan to give back to our Heavenly Father and His son. But that is forever away. So yesterday, I had a spiritual experience and felt that I needed to take Elder M. Russell Ballard's advice of "every member a missionary," and start this blog sharing my testimonies to the world. It's a small step, but by many short steps, we travel far distances (I learned this personally on backpacking trips as a scout). I'm not a religious scholar or anything by that means. I don't know much, but like I said, small steps. Hopefully I will be able to have the assistance from the Spirit to say the words which need to be said.

So here goes...

Never give up. Life comes at us fast and in ways we don't ever expect. I have learned this first hand. I have made mistakes in my life that have caused vast amounts of sorrow. I regret these greatly. But through those mistakes I learned a lesson. No matter what we do, the Lord loves us and will forgive us. He wants us to come back to him. He welcomes us with open arms. He loves us.

Christ will NEVER abandon you.
When I was in some of my darkest times, turning to the Lord seemed hard to do. Please remember these words: "Never Give Up." Just as D&C 18:10-14 says, "Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God; For, behold, the Lord your Redeemer suffered death in the flesh; wherefore he suffered the pain of all men, that all men might repent and come unto him. And he hath risen again from the dead, that he might bring all men unto him, on conditions of repentance. and how great is his joy in the soul that repenteth. Wherefore, you are called to cry repentance unto this people."

My message today is not long, but I hope that it will have an effect. I know that our Savior forgives us for our transgressions. I know that He died for us so that we may walk with him again. He is our brother and friend. I know he lives. I have witnessed his mercy in my own life and know that he brings happiness and peace to all those who seek Him. He is my Lord, my Redeemer, and my friend. He will NEVER abandon you. Turn to him. Feel his love. I know these things to be true. These things I say in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.


Am I supposed to type that last sentence, or is that for more of when you are bearing it in person? Some feedback on that would be greatly appreciated.

If you know anyone else that could use this message feel free to share it to them. This blog is open to the public and available for the world to see.

One post down. That wasn't so bad.

1 comment: